Shopping At The Right Times Helps You Afford More To Suit Your Lifestyle
When is the right shopping time for bargains? Catching items at just the right time will allow you to purchase it without guilt. Whether your family needs it or wants it, you won’t have the feeling of buyers remorse if you purchased it at just the right time.
Timing your shopping needs is important because retailers introduce new items on a schedule. For example, it’s a good idea to buy out of season for clothing to get the best deals, and at the end of the year for cars as the new models come out.
Best Times To Buy Things On Your List
Take a look at the planners you have, keep note of what you have on there because you will be referring to these planners throughout the whole year. Including your Christmas and Black Friday planners. If you don’t have any of our planners yet, be sure to grab and print them all here – Shopping Planners.
Take note of what is seasonal, so that when the end of a season is nearing, you can plan to shop accordingly, or take note of when new appliances come out so that you can take advantage of great savings on models that are coming off the shopping floor.
Choose These Times To Get The Better Prices When Shopping At The Right TIme
- End of Day – If you frequent garage sales, thrift stores and flea markets, one of the best times to shop is right at the end of the day. The sellers are more interested to not have to pack those things up and lug them back home, most are willing to lower the price slightly to avoid the process of bringing it back home.
- End of Season – All products have a shelf life, they are made for a certain length of time or a season, even if it isn’t the typical seasonal item. New models of cars come out every year, usually starting around October you will see the new models being presented. So if you are looking to buy a new car, consider buying between October and January.
- Before the New Styles Come Out – Find out from the stores where you shop when they bring in new merchandise. They usually have a schedule for each week, month, season, and year. Then make it a practice to come in right before that day. They’re going to be more interested in making shelf space than sticking to that full price.+
- Before the New Model Comes Out – For large purchases like kitchen appliances, new models come out less often than for seasonal items like clothing. Ask your local store when the new models arrive. That way, you can plan to shop the week prior to the new model showing up, allowing you to get the biggest discount. (Don’t forget to ask for the best price.)
- Black Friday – While many Black Friday offers are just ploys to get you to the store, if you have the stomach for it and can plan for it, you can pretty much buy things at more than half price on this day. But, be prepared to say no to things you had no intention of buying and sticking to the items you did plan to buy.
- Cyber Monday – This is an excellent day to shop for items on your list that you wanted to buy but didn’t find. Look for deals for only the things you want to buy. What’s more is that you can often use Ebates.com and still get some cash back on your purchases.
- Amazon Prime Day – Each year Amazon has what they call Prime Day. It’s a day where they sell over a billion dollars of discounted merchandise to their Prime members. That means all the items have free shipping, the items are limited in number and come at steep discounts. Again, look at your list and buy from your list, not from just browsing.
- When You Have Cash – Don’t go shopping when you have no money to shop. You don’t want to be tempted to spend more money than you have, no matter what time it is or what good of a deal it is. If you can’t pay for it right away or at least make one payment toward the six months same as cash deal, it’s not worth it.
Study when the best time to buy the items you want is. Look at your list and write down the months or times that are best to buy that item. But remember, your area might be different, so keep your eyes out for sales.
Some Proof Of How You Can Save Money On Shopping At The Right Time
We needed a grill and a deep freezer, these two things are bigger purchases. We waited until the end of the summer to buy the grill, we saved $200.00 just by waiting a few more months. For the deep freezer, we happened to get lucky when the new model was being placed on the display shelf, we saved $250.00 on that.
*So while we did have to wait just a little longer, we still got those two big purchases and saved $450.00, which we placed into our savings account.
Tell us in the comments below about some examples of when you saved lots of money during the right shopping time.
What We Do With Some Of Our Saved Money
The money we earn from this and our other blogs allows us to donate a portion to different charities. One thing we do is purchase winter items and food for homeless families and foster children. So we wait until the end of the season to purchase more items to give away to those in need.
Many times we can donate double the items by buying at the right time. We love when the store offers buy two get one free, this allows us to buy one for our own family and the other items are donated.
For example, Walgreens had a buy two get two free sales of toys for younger kids. This allowed us to purchase a toy for our own child and the other three went to donation. We love when they have their personal care items on sale buy two get two free, it allows us to donate full sized products without spending extra money.
Another example is when Dollar General has their clearance sale, we were able to donate double the amount of clothing to those in need because we bought at the right shopping time.
We do the same when it comes to foods and personal care items. When we make a purchase using sales, this means we are buying at the right time, especially freebie sales. We take those freebies and give them away.
Your Family Does Not Have To Sacrifice Living The Life They Want – The Key Is Buying At The Right Shopping Time
I am not saying that you must donate, you can build a great family stock of items all purchased at the right time. You can spoil yourself and family by shopping at the right time. Your family does not have to sacrifice the life they want to live, it just takes some elbow grease and a little bit of homework to do it.
What Are Some Things You Bought At The Right Time? How Much Did You Save?
Cash Envelope System for Budgeting and Saving Money Budget Keeper, 12 Pack Assorted Colors, Tear and Water Resistant
$12.98 in stock
- Stay in Budget: Categorized your Cash Expenses and fill each envelope with cash with the money allotted in your budget.
- Assorted Colors- 12 Pack of Envelopes to easily identify categories in your purse or wallet. Receive one of each color.
- Tough and Light-weight- Tired of flimsy paper envelopes that tear easily? Our envelopes are tear proof and made of flashspun high-density polyethylene fibers. Same material used for house wrap to protect buildings during construction. But light and flexible enough to fit in your wallet.
- Water Resistant- Another benefit of our Cash Envelope System is you don't have to worry about a little water or a spilled drink getting your envelopes wet. You may have to dry out your cash, but your envelopes will wipe dry with ease.
- Ledger- Convenient Ledger on back of envelope makes keeping track of expenses a breeze.
Who uses cash anymore? People who win with money do! The way your grandma handles money still works in today's culture of swiping credit cards. Cash envelopes are a great way to control monthly spending, but very few do. The envelope system is a key component to getting out of debt, staying out of debt, and financial freedom. Quick Start Guide: 1.) Budget your paycheck down to the last penny. 2.) Decide which categories to spend in cash. Ex. Groceries, Entertainment, Clothing, Gas, Pocket Money, etc. Bills and Automatic Withdrawals are probably not suited best for the cash envelopes. 3.) Fill up your envelopes! After you've categorized your cash expenses, fill each envelope with the money allotted in your budget. Ex. If you have $400 allotted for groceries, put $400 in your envelope. 4.) Spend what you have. Once your cash in that envelope is gone, it is gone until next month or pay cycle. This will help you stay on track and stay in budget! 5.) Don't give up! It will take time to...
Limited Edition: Grocery Coupon Organizer Binder & Coupon Holder
- Tall and durable plastic dividers - not cheap paper found in other products. Stretchy elastic sides - fit more coupons and search them more easily
- Sticker labels - easy to peel with categories from the best extreme coupon blogs. Blank stickers included to create your own categories.
- A Sturdy and Dual-Purpose Velcro Strap - close the coupons binder super tight and/or easily attach it to any shopping cart!
- Top Gifts & Gift Ideas for Coupon Binder & Extreme Couponing: Couples Gifts, Best Friend Gifts & Funny Gifts, Unique happy mother day gifts / mothers day gifts or father day gifts / fathers day gifts, presents or gift ideas. Great s gifts for mom or gifts for dad. Gifts for women as pregnancy gifts women or even as gifts for men. These make great birthday gifts for her unique, birthday gifts for him and birthday gifts for mom, even family gifts or graduation gifts 4 best bargains inc.
- Other Uses: Extreme Expandable / Expanding Coupon & Receipt Pouch Wallets. Check the Starter Kit Container Case Handbag Bundle. Accordian / Accordion File Album Tote Bag for Clipper / Clipping. Notebook for Women. No zipper / Not a zippered binder. Coupons file folder meets wallets insert organizer planner bundle. A Crazy Keeper, Buddy!
The best grocery coupon organizer purse size on the market...period. This is the only extreme coupon organizer bag with high-quality plastic dividers, elastic sides, sturdy Velcro latching, a pocket for your shopping list, fully optimized grocery categories (and blank stickers) and an awesome closing mechanism for when the organizer is truly packed full. Coupon binder attaches to any shopping cart. You won't find a better grocery coupon holder anywhere. An extreme coupon organizer for purse to be compared with a coupon mom organizing binder and coupon mom organizer or extreme couponing organizer. The coupon magic organizer here can help you save as much as 50% on your groceries when you fill it with manufacturers coupons downloadable at bentonandblair. The coupons organizer is roughly same size as the buxton coupon organizer, but slightly bigger. For men, it can be a coupon organizer wallet or simple coupon organizer book. It is not a coupon organizer box nor is it the hannah...
Magnetic Cash Budgeting Envelopes, Set of 5, Divide. Spend Save. Budget Your Way to Savings (Bright Budgeting)
- STAY ORGANIZED - Divide up your money at the beginning of the month and WATCH YOUR SAVINGS GROW!
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR ENVELOPES - Use the write-on labels to personalize your envelopes to YOUR spending plan. Uncertain about your budgeting categories? The set comes with 12 optional labels so that you can change categories without a problem.
- 5 Magnetic Cash Envelopes come in FIVE colors to help you keep your budgeting categories separate. Each envelope has a small magnetized closure, keeping your hard earned cash securely inside.
- FLEXIBLE - Add additional envelopes to complete your envelope system with our Magnetic Cash Envelopes listings. Extra envelopes will snap right into place using the magnets that are already holding your envelopes closed. Only carry with you what you need, and leave behind those envelopes you might be tempted to "dip in" when your budget starts to run short!
- PERFECT SIZE - At 3.5" high and 7" wide, the streamlined cash envelopes are just large enough to fit your bills securely inside but short enough to fit inside a larger wallet or case. They are NOT made to secure loose change.
Divide. Spend. Save. It's the only way to truly conquer your spending plan. Transform your budget with a set of Magnetic Cash Envelopes from Divvy Up. Hidden inside each of the Cash Envelopes is a small disc magnet to keep the envelope closed around your valuable cash! The magnets also serve a 2nd purpose--they keep your envelopes stacked in a slim, secure bundle. Five Magnetic Cash Envelopes come in five different colors. Not certain about your budgeting categories? No problem. Twelve optional labels are included for you to personalize your envelopes. Go ahead, make a few mistakes--there are enough labels for you to get it just right. Take along only what you need. When you've got your Spending Plan set, go ahead and load up your purse with the envelopes you use everyday. Leave behind the ones that might be tempting to "borrow" from. Then sit back and watch your savings GROW! Technical Information:Envelope Dimensions: 7 x 3.5 x .13 inches
The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
$16.19 in stock
174 used from $6.41
- Great product!
If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else. Build up your money muscles with America's favorite finance coach. Okay, folks, do you want to turn those fat and flabby expenses into a well-toned budget? Do you want to transform your sad and skinny little bank account into a bulked-up cash machine? Then get with the program, people. There's one sure way to whip your finances into shape, and that's with The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition. By now, you've heard all the nutty get-rich-quick schemes, the fiscal diet fads that leave you with a lot of kooky ideas but not a penny in your pocket. Hey, if you're tired of the lies and sick of the false promises, take a look at this? it's the simplest, most straightforward game plan for completely making over your money habits. And it's based on results, not pie-in-the-sky fantasies. With The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition, you'll be able to: Design a sure-fire plan for paying off all debt meaning cars,...
The Kids' Money Book: Earning, Saving, Spending, Investing, Donating
20 used from $3.39
- The Kids Money Book Earning Saving Spending Investing Donating
It's dollars and sense! If the only thing your children know about money is how to spend it, it's time to teach them a different lesson. This revised and updated edition of Jamie Kyle McGillian’s thorough financial guide for kids now features the latest information and fresh, fun new illustrations. It explains how to create a budget, make big bucks, invest your earnings, and donate to charity. With advice on understanding the difference between needs and wants, getting the most from an allowance, becoming an entrepreneur, and sharing the wealth, The Kids’ Money Guide will make a mogul out of any reader.